No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: monart vase?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
monart vase?
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
hello glass people.
ive recently purchased this online as a piece of art glass.
i thought it was monart and still do im sure its a rare shape EF with blue green colour and bubbles.
i would really appreciate any opinions....its 9"h and has an applied base that has a polished pontil and polished out foot ring.thick and heavy.lovely if it isnt monart id love to know who it is.
cheers.
happy hunting.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: monart vase?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Hi and welcome  :hi:   
A clear image of the base and the pontil mark would help a lot, but it looks right to me - and it's not a ginger jar without a lid!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
hello.
def not a ginger jar without a lid.thanks for the reply ive added a pic of the base finish.
ive just missed an early bottle with ysart stopper so if im right with this one it will ease my pain.lol.
cheers again.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:02:24 AM »
Shape GF

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:32:00 AM »
... ive just missed an early bottle with ysart stopper ...
Could you please expand on that. What is meant by "Ysart stopper"? What makes the bottle "early"? Is the bottle decorated with just colours or are there millefiori canes?
KevinH

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:11 AM »
Shape GF

The correct shape is EF and colour code is 410. Shape GF does not have an applied foot.
Gary

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Hi Gary
Didn't want to argue with frank about the shape even if I thought I was right in the 1st instance I would think he's forgotten more about monart than I know and I think I know a bit.one reason I never post any replies about monart is because my knowledge just doesn't compare to his and yours.thanks for confirmation though.just a note i put rare in my post as there isn't or wasn't a colour pic of the shape on the ysart site.happy hunting.....

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
A nice shape but not all that rare, I have images of seven EF shapes all with different colourways.
Members should not be put off replying to topics due to the perceived knowledge of other members.
Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand