No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Aseda  (Read 5487 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Aseda
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:03 PM »
Some old and newer pieces of Aseda to talk about

Older pieces - jack in pulpit has a G Hardy import label pictured but looks Aseda

The green finger vase has a made in Sweden label to base - again it looks Aseda and thesee could just be import stickers

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Aseda
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
You're right,top one is Aseda Glasbruk 'dog bone vase' ,can't help with the other,sorry ;D

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »
Thank you for the id on the top vase who designed it - bo borgstrom

The actual aseda label is as seen on this bowl - I have six in harlequin colours

Below that is another strange one - two bamboo vases known to be by bo borgstrom (aseda) then a large bamboo but is this aseda as well

And a large Aseda in there lastly for good measure

thanks   Adam

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
A classic Aseda vase - had aseda label but got washed off - by my mother LOL

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
The green finger vase has a made in Sweden label to base - again it looks Aseda and thesee could just be import stickers

I've had this label on an Alsterfors vase, and on a pair of Gunnar Ander vases for Lindshammar, so definitely an export label.

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
That is true - in fact they had a few labels some quite strange see photo - only ref different G Hardy import labels

Also I wanted to post a vase I feel is Aseda - look at the colour and the foot - it is a similar foot to labelled Aseda I have

Thanks Adam

Offline Swedishmom

• Members
  • Mostly interested in Åsedaglass-knows a little....
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
Hi there.

First I will say that the bonevases from Aseda is NOT designed by Bo Borgstrom. They came well before he was hired as chiefdesigner at the glasscompany. There were also other companies that made those vases.

Adam - the vase You think is from  Ã…seda - Yes, that's correct, and the vase model is C-49/1 (not designed by Bo B)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:23:52 AM »
Mod: Two separate topics have been created from posts in this thread which deal with items that are apparently not Aseda. One of the new topics has been left in this Scandy section and the other (about the bud vase) has been shifted to Glass.

Adam, creating a thread on Aseda covering many items and lables, may seem a good way to cover a subject - and in many ways it is. But including items that are not certain to be Aseda creates difficulties when trying to follow posts that deal with those doubtful items. And splitting out the non-Aseda items and relevant posts can become even more difficult for the Moderators.

Please therefore start a separate thread for anything that cannot be considered as definite Aseda. If something is subsequently shown to really be Aseda, it could then be merged back to this thread if that is thought best.
KevinH

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »
Thanks Kevin - will do

Just started back here so another learning curve - any suggestions welcomed :)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:37 PM »
Calling on Swdishmom or other Aseda collectors

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39310.0;attach=68410;image

See picture below of a vase I sold a while back with Aseda label on it - this would suppose the above piece in this thread is Aseda - is bo borgstrom?

Also are the bamboo vases Aseda - I think so - what about the larger bamboo vase - need to ID that

The dishes by Aseda above are they by Borgstrom?

thanks Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand