No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone help to read this signature please? ID = A Capredoni, Dartington  (Read 3567 times)

Offline nimrod

• Members
I would really appreciate help to read this please.

Thank you

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Can anyone help to read this signature please?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »
Hi, it is A. Capredoni for Dartington Crystal.  :sun:

A. is Alfred, I believe.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline ccapredoni

• Members
Yes the signature is A. Capredoni.  That was my father's signature.  I now sign my signature.
Christopher Capredoni

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Well Christopher,  I would like to say how talented your Father was, and how much I have enjoed his work.  Do you produce the same type of work?  I am sad to say I do not think I am familiar with yours unless I have assumed all the Capredoni pieces are by the same artist???
Rosie.

Offline ccapredoni

• Members
He was extremely talented and was even awarded the Master Engraver status by Steuben Glass in Corning New York.  He passed away in 2004 suddenly and I have taken over the business.  We no longer manufacture with Dartington but I am in talks with another crystal manufacturer in England to take over their business and manufacture similar and different crystal items.  Alfred taught me his skills and I have designed similar items over the years.  I am hoping to get product back in to all the UK majors including Harrods in the near future. 

Offline rosieposie

• Members
I am sure you will be successful Christopher, and I wish you well with the new venture....it sounds really exciting.
Rosie.

Offline ccapredoni

• Members
Thanks Rosie.  All the best.
Cheers
Chris

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
And welcome to the Glass Message Board.  :hi: It is always great to hear information straight from the "horses mouth".

Carolyn

Offline ccapredoni

• Members
Thanks Carolyn--I am available to always answer questions on Capredoni or crystal/glass in general.
Chris Capredoni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand