No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Danish Candleholders... = Holmegaard  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Danish Candleholders... = Holmegaard
« on: January 04, 2006, 05:05:59 PM »
I just bought these two for nearly literally pennies. I've seen near-identical ones with Kastrup Holmegaard labels, and these have labels with a 'H' on them, so was just wondering if they were Holmegaard also, just with an export label I've not seen before? They also have their original box, but no mention of any maker printed on it.

If not, then c'est la vie - at £2.50, inc. P&P, who can really grumble?

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »
They're a very typical Holmegaard aqua blue.

Here's another pair which look almost identical with a Kastrup Holmegaard label: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7364197947

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 08:33:22 PM »
I'm always amazed by people's lack of care and attention when choosing backgrounds for their eBay photos...

But I can't complain too much, because it's secured me several bargains in the past!  :)

I'll probably post my own, much clearer, photograph... when I get round to taking it!  :lol:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
Thought I'd give this thread a bump with a new photograph, now that the candleholders have finally arrived:

Usually I'd be not sure if they're Holmegaard or not, because the aqua blue tint is very very blue. My other HG aqua glass is a lot more subtle.  But they match the apparent colour of the labeled HG candleholders in the other eBay auction...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand