No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help please... yet another wood grain pattern vase, but by whom?  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hello,

I came home from the market with another wood grain pattern vase.  I was certain it would be a Frantisek Peceny piece, but after searching the catalogues and Jindrich's site, I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I know I've seen it somewhere... but where? :spls:

The vase has got a wavy rim and is 20cm tall at its highest point (and 19cm at its lowest). The wood grain pattern has got a very nice sharp 'feel'.  I'd appreciate help with ID, please.

Thank you.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Help please... yet another wood grain pattern vase, but by whom?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:14 AM »
I've been searching high and low, but have come up with nothing.  Maybe someone knows something about my 'log' vase?  Please? 

Here are some more pictures, including two of the base.  Thank you for looking.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
Hi Anik,
I am not sure that this piece is Czech but in such case I would focus to Bohemia Podebrady Glassworks, pressed leaded crystal - Repasek or Pravec.
Pressed leaded crystal period is still not reasearched fully.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
Jindrich, thank you so much for replying  :kissy:...

You're right...  the vase does have lead content. When I 'pstryk' it, it gives off a ring, unlike my other pressed pieces. What an exciting find.  I just assumed it was plain glass.

I'll take a look into Bohemia Podebrady glassworks.  Maybe I can find proof that it is Czech.  :X:

Thank you again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand