No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VNC / Veritable Opaline  (Read 11335 times)

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: VNC / Veritable Opaline
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:18 AM »
Could these 'splashy' vases be by Stelvia from Empoli, Italy?  I came across the following thread which shows a labelled Stelvia vase, which has very similar colours to the vase shown at the top of this thread:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=2187.0

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
ooh thanks Wayne!  Mine is more of an all-over pattern than the 'leopard' type spots shown on that one but they are incredibly similar aren't they?
m

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:41 AM »
I've done a bit more digging and found a few labelled examples on ebay, item numbers 300453930021, 280545467154 and 220640474447.  Also found a 'full view' of the leaopard style on another site here:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/stelvia-italy-handmade-glass-vase-1950s-60s

Still haven't seen any with the opalescent stems though, I'll keep my eyes peeled  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand