Author Topic: Italian Birds .... Barovier Cordonato d'oro ??  (Read 1814 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Italian Birds .... Barovier Cordonato d'oro ??
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
They have some lovely items on Molta Bella, but on a couple of occasions I have actually corrected them..  They had some little Chinese birds they described as Murano millefiori,  but they were the pretty little 'Feather effect' birds that I have many of.  In fairness, they corrected it immediately, and ultimately took the listing off.

I looked through his listings and found two nice opaline Galliano Ferro birds listed as Barovier. I guess we'll have to send him a link to the zoo. I don't feel bad about him because I've always found him okay to work with.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Italian Birds .... Barovier Cordonato d'oro ??
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
I have bought glass from Molta Bella in the past and can say that he is a nice guy to deal with.  I am sure his misattributions are a mistake.  He sold me two pieces as Carlo Moretti and over the last few months I have had my doubts about them being Carlo Moretti.  The look of them appears to be Moretti but I haven't found anything like them with labels on it to confirm his attribution.  Perhaps I will post the items and let you be the judge once I get my new camera.

tam bam

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com