No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Whitefriars 9682 waisted vase in Flint? ID confirmed as Whitefriars  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Patti3435

• Members
WOW! Thanks so much for the ID! I actually picked this up in a box lot of old glass at an auction for under $20.00 so that makes this identification even that much better! I truly appreciate everyone's help on this and love the enthusiasm here. Thank you all and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Patti   

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Are you in America Patti?

John

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Yes John, I am. You can email me at Patti3435 AT aol.com (I hope that it is allowed that I gave my address)

Would just like to mention that this vase 1s 12 1/2" tall, not 13" as the catalog stated. Could this have been a special order possibly?

Mod: email address adjusted to avoid spam harvesting. Patti, rather than give out your email address publicly, you are better allowing signed in members to see it by unticking the Hide email option in your member Profile. See here for help to do that: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19746.0.html

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
No idea, I was just curious about your location because it is in an unusual colour and I guess that it may have some relevance.

You will need to disguise your address or you will end up with loads of junk mail or worse. You can edit it to read name at address dot com this will avoid it being 'harvested'.

John

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Oh, OK, thank you both. By the way, this vase I know did come from a New York City town house.

Offline robert1960

• Members
1/2 " is within tolerance for these hand made pieces.

Best,
Robert   ..and congratulations on your find. :)

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Hi. Thank you Bob for that info. I have decided to post the vase on eBay tonight starting at 8PM, New York time under my selling ID which is GreenGoldFish. Thank you all for your help.

Patti
AKA: GreenGoldFish

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Patti, pop a link to your listing in the Glass Market Place when you do it, rather than add it here please. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand