No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Flygsfors Viktor Berndt  (Read 3812 times)

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
Flygsfors Viktor Berndt
« on: March 26, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »
Hello all, found these 2 vases this weekend and couldn't resist buying them since they were in excellent condition and came as a pair. I think they are from 1960 but not sure. I have never seen this design before. Nice colour and over 10 inches high !
Does anyone know what this design was called ?
What would be a reasonable price do you think ? 
Is his tribal pieces hard to come across ?

Think I have to start collecting these designs... might be more of a challenge rather than the Riihimäen Lasi pieces.

Any info on his designs appreciated.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Flygsfors Viktor Berndt
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
Hi, I love his work! His designs are gorgeous but I've never been able to afford any :cry:  From what I've read it appears he was there from 1955-1974.
There is a charger for sale if you search under Wiktor Berndt with a W and that appears to be around $270 I guess US$.
Lovely vases I'm very  :mrgreen:
m

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
Thank you. I got these two for 210 USD for the pair.

Where did you see that charger ?? Ebay ?
Don't seem to find it...

/Mikael

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:23:15 PM »
http://www.sindelarandobrien.com/berndt/berndt.htm

this is the link.  The charger is fab as well, but I prefer your beautiful vases. 
I tend not to search Ebay as a first port of call to be honest.  I think you find more information using dedicated online shops and info sites especially for more obscure pieces.
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »
Ooh, I like the charger.

Scandinavian Glass Smoke & Ice (page 68) gives the vase on the right in your photo a design date of 1960. It lists a price which is more than you paid for both of your vases but the prices quoted in that book are all over the place. I reckon that you got those at a fair price (for both parties), I particularly like the vase on the left.

No name is given, there may never have been one. The style is sometimes described as primitive or naive, my kind of thing. :mrgreen:

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand