No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unknown pinched vase, possibly Czech. ID = Zelezny Brod (ZBS)  (Read 2017 times)

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Hello All,
I bought this wee vase and was wondering if anyone could provide any info on it. The vase exterior looks like it has been 'pinched' randomly around the outside. The base is polished and flat with no pontil mark. The colour is a citron/yellow and it stands 7" tall. I had the thought it might be Czech but it wouldn't be like me to be wrong!!!
cheers, David :sc:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Unknown pinched vase, possibly Czech
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:01:28 PM »
Your vase is Czech... Zelezny Brod (ZBS) possibly designed by Miloslav Klinger.

:hi:

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Re: Unknown pinched vase, possibly Czech
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
Anik, thank you so much for a very very quick reply, you and Anne ( another post ) were like lightning tonight  :thup:  I have a real passion for the Czech glass but get drawn to the clear stuff usually this will be the first coloured stuff I have.
Thanks again, David :sc:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand