No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Glass Lookalike...!  (Read 2852 times)

Offline suetorquay

• Members
Murano Glass Lookalike...!
« on: January 20, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »
I bought a piece of glass that I thought was Murano. It does have a label on that is in the shape of a shield with castlallations though. the label is black and silver and looks to be MANUART. It also appears to have the initials JG intertwined. Any ideas anyone..? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/suetorquay/manuart3.jpg

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:25:30 AM »

just to let everyone see image

I think your link was a bit stuck - any chance of seeing the whole piece of glass, at the moment I don't recognise the label, but an image of the actual piece may tell us where to look

I think the GJ will be the maker - Manuart will be the range?

I think the G will stand for Glass so its J...... Glass

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
I recently posted a vase like this.
Ebay vase

I made a guess that it was Johansfors but no one confirmed it.  :cry:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline suetorquay

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »
Thanks Adam & Tigerchips for your replies, here is the whole item, front on and side on. The coloured base is pinky but when you hold it to an angle you get a peachy colour. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/suetorquay/manuart.jpg     http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/suetorquay/manuart2.jpg

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:13:06 AM »
Possibly an importers/retailers label?
http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk/jc.htm
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline suetorquay

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:59:45 AM »
Thanks Tigerchips, very similar and thanks for posting another reply. Puzzles me as to why there is a paint palette and something else on the label and no country of origin, unless this is a clue to the country of origin..?. Sue

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 01:17:57 AM »
A palette because it's a work of art perhaps?

That round thing looks like a button with four holes in it. Perhaps the firm made glass buttons.  :lol:

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
I was thinking about 'Manuart'. The Italian for 'hand' is mano, and coupled with 'art, could mean 'Handmade Art'?
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand