Author Topic: i DO NOT RECOGNIZE THIS LABEL -ANYONE?  (Read 701 times)

Offline WADHAM97

• Members
i DO NOT RECOGNIZE THIS LABEL -ANYONE?
« on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:46 AM »
This paperweight belonged to my aunt for many years.  It has a label on the bottom which is partially unreadable.  Does anyone recognize the logo on this label?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v338/wadham97/paperweights/?action=view&current=redblueyellowmilleflorilabel.jpg

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: i DO NOT RECOGNIZE THIS LABEL -ANYONE?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:33:30 AM »
Looks like a retailer's label if it belongs to the paperweight in the previous pictures, as that looks Chinese IMHO.

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
Hi, the label is "Seapoot Group" - a US import company. I have seen these labels on Chinese paperweights.

Thanks.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »

I agree - 'Seapoot'. I have seen the label a few times, always on Chinese imports.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline WADHAM97

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:39:10 PM »
Thank you for the input!  I was wondering if this is a current company or an older company?

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »

Hi.  I don't know when they started, but they are still very much in business. Google 'SDSSeapoot Group' and you will find that they are based in San Francisco (I must have just about driven past their offices when I flew in and hired a car there a few years ago).

They are also described as an importer for products from Zibo (Shandong, China), who are one of several well known Chinese manufacturers of art related items, and glassware including paperweights.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand