No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Are these Finnish glass ?? Riihimaki or Iittala  (Read 2250 times)

Offline artyroy

• Members
Are these Finnish glass ?? Riihimaki or Iittala
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »
 :thup:
Hi all akk kind and informative people on GMB i was wondering if anyone could give me the makers of these glass vases , one is green and stands 7" high and one is a conical shape in a smokey grey and stands 8" high , I have included base shots hope this helps  ,,,regards Roy

Offline rocket-vintage

• Members
    • Rocket Vintage
Re: Are these Finnish glass ?? Riihimaki or Iittala
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »
Green vase is Riihimaki by Tamara Aladin.
R O C K E T   V I N T A G E

www.rocket-vintage.co.uk

Offline artyroy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
 :hiclp:Many thanks rocketretro for your swift reply ... cheers

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
Roy, could you post one item per topic please, otherwise we have a problem moving topics around once identified. Cheers!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
Green vase is Riihimaki by Tamara Aladin.
Sorry to sound like this but I would like not to be so definite, as: although it might even be likely designed by T.Aladin it has so far not been officially confirmed as such. This also applies to dozens of the other 70's export models from Riihimäen Lasi although people tend to like to own items that can be attributed so there is a lot of unconfirmed (or even false) attributions around. Simply because there were so many models done by that time and they were not marketed as attributed to any certain designer. The Finnish glass museum has confirmed attributions to only those designs that they really have found proof of.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
I've always been curious as to why some of the vases attributed to Tamara Aladin and which appear regularly here in the UK, do not appear on Designlasi either.  This one doesn't I don't think or it doesn't appear under a search of Tamara Aladin vases.
It's a lovely vase, I had one that went with a kind of pair that was a different shape and gave them as a present. 
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand