Author Topic: Copper Aventurine rocks ! ID = Murano  (Read 2462 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Copper Aventurine rocks ! ID = Murano
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Yes Kevin i do believe it to be FT having had this one and comparing it with FTs with labels . Sales patter whats that ? if i didnt beleive it i wouldnt put it , read my feedback . :cry:

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »
My reasons for giving F&L as a possible maker ;

The black base with aventurine on top is a common feature for F&L, in one of their better known designs (shown on page 54 of Paperweights by Sibylle Jargstorf and paperweight #4 on this page on Alan's site) the black base with aventurine is used as a background for a scattering of millefiori.

IMHO the technical quality of F&L paperweights are on par with Galliano Ferro and superior to quite a few of the other makers (and quite frankly I think surpasses a lot of the FT designs).
Canes, when used, were usually crisp and clear - not distorted and "squshed" together in the fashion that can be seen in so
many weights made in Murano. 

I would be very interested to see similar weights with FT labels as I have not seen FT labeled weights with this base or dome shape before.

Thanks.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Sorry my memory is not so good these days - old age and very stressed - maybe it was FL and not FT ,i apologise for any confusion all my weights were bought at least 15 years ago then i lost interest . Must do some revision and take more care . thanks . :cry:

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com