No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pavel Werner  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Pavel Werner
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Let me introduce another Czech glass artist fro older generation - Pavel Werner. I met Mr. Werner last Thuersday he kindly promised me to send me the CD with his works. Today CD arrived and here are the pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/PavelWernerSklo2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCIPw47zwsLe61gE#

Mr Werner in few dates:

1942             born 15.4. 1942 in Otrokovice - Moravia
1956 - 1960   student of Glasmaking school, Železný Brod, prof. Jan Černý and Oldřich Žák
1960 - 1996   Academy of apllied arts Prague, prof. Stanislav Libenský and Doc. Václav Plátek
1967 - 1976   teacher of glass cutting at glassmaking school Kamenický Å enov - Steinschönau
1977 - 1989   free artist
1990 - 1997   leading teacher of glass cutting at glassmaking school in Nový Bor
1997 - 2005   director of glassmaking school in Kamenický Å enov - Steinschönau

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz
2005 - now    free artist

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Pavel Werner
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:46:01 AM »
 :thup: Wonderful, Jindrich! Mr Werner's designs are quite stunning, especially when seen in the gallery so that you can get an idea of the scale. Some of them are quite cheeky...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand