No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: candle holder with a crown mark - ID = Webb Corbett  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Cazza

• Members
candle holder with a crown mark - ID = Webb Corbett
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
I have a pair of these and like them, no idea who made them or where they are from can anyone enlighten me please.
Cazza

Offline Hotglass

• Members
Royal Doulton crystal carries a crown acid stamp. I can't confirm if this is it or not.
Most of their more recent production seems to be made in Eastern Europe or Japan.
Ed.

Offline Cazza

• Members
Hi there Ed,thanks for the information, they are good quality, I like them very much and will not be parting with them, everyone who sees them comments on them. Perhaps I should ask RD if they can id them.
Regards
Carol
Cazza

Offline furrymischief

• Members
This is the Webb Corbett crown mark - they were incorporated into Royal Doulton, alas.  There are obvious similarities - & differences!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Just to tidy this topic up, the Great Glass site gives the mark in the original post as Webb Corbett - see image here:
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/markt-z.htm
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Cazza

• Members
 ;D thank you very much, they are still lovely and in my sitting room
Cazza

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum