No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Sklo Union ? help Please  (Read 2107 times)

Offline mikebonne

• Members
Is this Sklo Union ? help Please
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:28:12 AM »
Hy guys and thanks for all your help in the past.  I have this vase that looks like a lens vase from Rudolf Jurnikl but I have never seen one with 2 colours - this is green and yellow and hase a brown ring and green ring within the base area??  Would this be a second or manufacturing mistake?

thanks  Markus

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Is this Sklo Union ? help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
Oh my, well that's interesting...

Unfortunately, I'm unable to help, but I am looking forward to reading what others have to say.  :hi:

P.S. The believe Frantisek Peceny, and not Rudolf Jurnikl, designed the 'lens' vase for Hermanova, pattern number 20040.

Offline mikebonne

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »
Hello
According to the Antiques International Sklo Union website this was definitely a ROSICE factory "Lens" vase and by Rudolf Jurnikl in 1961 but the colours are very different to say the least

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
You may certainly be right. :)  See here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,28066.0.html

On the other hand, there is a very similar (in my eyes, the same) vase in Marcus Newhall's Sklo Union, page 68, which is attributed to Frantisek Peceny, Hermanova.  Out of curiousity, has it been established that Rudolf Jurnikl was the designer of the 959 Rosice vase, or is the designer still unknown?

It would be nice if someone could post a picture of the Rosice vase and the Hermanova vase together, just to see what the differences are. 

Anik

Offline mikebonne

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »
I will get my friend to sell it on Ebay and see who fancies it...it's a very nice vase whoever designed it.  Thanks all

markus

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »
But Markus, no one has answered your query yet -- we still don't know why there is a brown and green ring in the vase's base...   :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand