No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Weekend windfall  (Read 8827 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Weekend windfall
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »
Quote from: "pinkspoons"
This is the Ikea one of TC's thread - the colour and proportions are about right, but it's hard to tell if the shape is right from the photograph:

Here

The measurments on that site can't be right. The width is bigger than the length.  :?

My Ikea bowl measures 7.75 inches wide and 10.5 inches length. Nearly 4 inches high at the highest point. 910 Grams.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Weekend windfall
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »
No, the rose bowl is rather pretty, though. But I'd still rather have the decanter.

LOL so would I...er....unless the rose bowl turns out to be worth a lot of money!   :wink:  :lol:
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Weekend windfall
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 10:32:37 PM »
Pity, perhaps getting two pieces of Holmegaard in one day was asking just a bit too much.  
With regard to the rose bowl the rim possibly has a couple of tiny nibbles, it is quite difficult to tell as the textured nature of the exterior may just give that impression, there is certainly no damage of note. But I am dubious that the quality of the bowl is up to the very high standard of such a famous name, but who knows. The bowl only cost me 50p :o .
I may just list it on Ebay and let the market decide.   Hark at me, sounding just like Gordon Brown  :!:  :lol:
thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Weekend windfall
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 10:46:49 PM »
We're all posting at the same time.  :lol:

One of your vases is in Vidfletch's album
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vidfletch2001/album?.dir=/1343&.src=ph&.tok=phz_6uDBEAhBtaaf

Quote from: "max"
LOL so would I...er....unless the rose bowl turns out to be worth a lot of money!  

I hope so as I have one in the same shape.  :lol:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Weekend windfall
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »
Quote from: "Tigerchips"
The measurments on that site can't be right. The width is bigger than the length.  :?

Surely width and length are relative to which angle you're viewing the bowl from?  :wink:

Either way, the proportions are still the same, more or less.  :)

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Weekend windfall
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 10:57:35 PM »
Tigger, :lol:  :lol:
Thanks for the link to Vidfletch's album. I have now got ID's on two of my vases :!:  :!:
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Weekend windfall
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 11:01:51 PM »
50p is certianly cheap for that rose bowl, I sold one of these with an interesting alien design on it for £15 on an Antique stall. This one that I have showed you, I currently have £6 on it as it is slightly damaged. There is a lot of interest in it, especially with the ladies.  :)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Weekend windfall
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 11:03:12 PM »
I hope Vidfletch didn't mind me doing that.  :)

vidfletch

Weekend windfall
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 11:54:18 PM »
The two vases in the first pic are indeed by Åseda Glasbruk. Funnily enough I picked up one this weekend which is exactly the same as the one on the left! Cost a £1! LOL!!!

Tigerchips! Link away all you like! I don't mind!

Vidfletch :D

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Weekend windfall
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »
Sue, Sue, sorry for the delay in responding, the word I meant was bolt not bullet, I must be losing it - again :oops: Your message was not there when I previously looked, somehow you were further up the list.
I also posted the pink vase on the Isle of Wight site before posting here and the photo included a corner one of the pontil mark. I have yet to get a response.
Anyway here it is.
http://i1.tinypic.com/mhdi8p.jpg
Hope this helps. Some time ago I posted a photo of another vase with a
very similar pontil on the IOW site and was informed that it was Kerry glass of Ireland using a Michael Harris design.
Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand