No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Enquiry about Huge Caithness vase 11 inches tall,weighs 5Lbs,in swirling pinks.  (Read 3640 times)

Offline cmdg

• Members
Hi, has anyone seen such a large Caithness vase before?, it is 11 inches tall and weighs 5lbs.It has an etched mark to the base : Caithness 03, I imagine that this refers to the date 2003 ?.I have searched the Caithness website but there is no mention of any large vases like this one, I also emailed the site but have had no reply.
I would be interested to confirm the date it was made and if anyone knows an approximate value.I have searched through ebay several times and so far have not found another vase so large!.
Thank you very much....Chris

Offline ahremck

• Members
Do you have photos?  You need one of the vase itself, one of the base, one of the signature, and one of the rim is often desirable.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline cmdg

• Members
Hi,I can take some photos,however in the past I have never been to get my photos attached to the glass message board,as they are 'too big' and I'm afraid my technical capabilties are rather limited and I have not been able to re-size my photos.I can attach photos to emails and send them to you?...Thank you,Chris

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Feel free to send me large images for resizing and I can add them to your original post above. Click the wee envelope below my name to the left of this post. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
I was thinking it might be a Colin Terris Xanadu vase, but I think that was designed in 1996..

I am not a man

Offline cmdg

• Members
Hi Anne, I am unable to use the 'little envelope' as I do not have a Windows email,mine is a yahoo address, perhaps you can email me and I'll email the photos by reply?.
Thanks again,Chris

Mod: Email address amended - exchange @ for AT and . for DOT. Please don't put your undisguised email address on any public message board, or it will be harvested by a spambot and you'll end up flooded with spam.

Mod: email address removed as I've dropped Chris a  line re images. Incidentally no-one  ever needs tell a moderator their board registered email address as we can find it administratively. To make your email address visible to other members of the board see here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19746.0.html

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
You don't have to have an email client. Right click on the envelope and copy email address. Paste it into your online email system. Never put your undisguised email address on a message board; spambots can harvest it.

Offline cmdg

• Members
Thank you,I have now sent my photos to Anne by email as I seem to be unable to change my email settings to use the little envelope tag.Hopefully Anne will now be able to add my photos to my original message!.
Thanks again for all your help/advice,I will not include my email address again.
Chris

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Pics received safely and added for you now above Chris. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I'm afraid that's not Xanadu.
(I don't think Xanadu is ever that big - I've only ever seen them ~ 7" tall.)
It's big, which is unusual, but the design is a fairly common one.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand