Author Topic: Flavio Poli... but when?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
Re: Flavio Poli... but when?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
Interesting that you brought up Poli and Pinzoni. I recently bought a piece with a label (a label I have been trying to find for a while) on a bowl. I have one by Poli and the other one is by Pinzoni. I need to dig out the Poli piece as I want to do a comparison against this other one with the label by Pinzoni. I will take some pics and list them here, might be an interesting discussion.

I still find the green colour in the SVCC piece quite bright compared to some of the green and amber pieces I have. Even the amber looks a bit duller, more diluted than what I am used to. Or maybe it could be the lighting  :huh:

I've a few older Seguso pieces I've not been able to pin down to a designer with any real certainty - one is the same smokey colour as your recent purchase, but is of a much more straightforward Pinzoni-esque form (I think). I'll upload images when I get chance.

And, yup, the colour on the SVCC footed bowls does look fairly insipid compared to the deep amber of the piece in the original post - which in itself looks a bit brighter than in real life. Hopefully I can dig up some older verifiable Seguso pieces with the same colouring / similar concept of design.

Tam Bam - no worries, I jump the gun all the time when replying to posts.  :)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
Hi Pinkspoons, 

I just noticed you have a Facebook page so I clicked the "Like" button.  I really do like your page. 

tam bam

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
Thanks.

Although I've not updated my Facebook in a while.  :-[ I've been so busy recently!

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com