No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Flavio Poli... but when?  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Flavio Poli... but when?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
Interesting that you brought up Poli and Pinzoni. I recently bought a piece with a label (a label I have been trying to find for a while) on a bowl. I have one by Poli and the other one is by Pinzoni. I need to dig out the Poli piece as I want to do a comparison against this other one with the label by Pinzoni. I will take some pics and list them here, might be an interesting discussion.

I still find the green colour in the SVCC piece quite bright compared to some of the green and amber pieces I have. Even the amber looks a bit duller, more diluted than what I am used to. Or maybe it could be the lighting  :huh:

I've a few older Seguso pieces I've not been able to pin down to a designer with any real certainty - one is the same smokey colour as your recent purchase, but is of a much more straightforward Pinzoni-esque form (I think). I'll upload images when I get chance.

And, yup, the colour on the SVCC footed bowls does look fairly insipid compared to the deep amber of the piece in the original post - which in itself looks a bit brighter than in real life. Hopefully I can dig up some older verifiable Seguso pieces with the same colouring / similar concept of design.

Tam Bam - no worries, I jump the gun all the time when replying to posts.  :)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
Hi Pinkspoons, 

I just noticed you have a Facebook page so I clicked the "Like" button.  I really do like your page. 

tam bam

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
Thanks.

Although I've not updated my Facebook in a while.  :-[ I've been so busy recently!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand