No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Letters on my glass - DRGM - 'tis a Mystery  (Read 17676 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Letters on my glass - 'tis a Mystery
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »
Much as it is ideal, it is very hard to keep track of all sources when writing. I keep a couple of tables of dates, people and companies on my site that are fully source referenced, and cross checked where possible, and try to always cite the most significant sources when I can. But even with that it is hard to keep everything synchronised and inconsistencies can appear between different parts of the data. Some stuff comes from memory too and my memory is awful at maintaining references to the sources.

If someone jogs my memory, I am always happy to add or update source references. I am sure that SG would behave appropriately.

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »
I have enormous respect for Seigmar. He has done so much for pressed glass research. He is a great man.

It truly doesn't worry me if SG references me or not. It's not important. I only wanted to explain in this context what I had done and that I really did know about Rindskopf  :D

I have probably done the same thing myself too. Although I have to admit I tend to err the other way. I try to include everyone. On the front inside cover of our last NetworK journal I listed so many people who had helped over the 8 years of production that I ran out of room on the page.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Glen

And so, just to show what I mean....
thanks to:
Pamela, Frank, Ivo, Marcus, Peter, Leni, Anne, Anne, Kev, Adam, Adam, Max, Tiger, Angela, Bernard, Connie, Chris, Cathy, David, Ray.....and everyone else on the GMB.
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 04:32:09 PM »
Glen, I do update this because it is unforgettable  :D
Searching for another pattern today (in fact Angela B's butterfly), I traced Reich 1934 Tafel 75 # 8739 and just want to send it here today (prior to reading, whether we talked about it earlier  :oops: )

Another hint could be Scandinavia, the prisms of your stoevchen do very much look like a footed bowl given to me from Sweden last Christmas - link to follow - sorry, but we are in January still

... and latest updates today of my site did not include Christmas 2005
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
Pamela - I've just returned home (busy weekend) and seen this from you - many thanks.

I also have an update on this piece - and I will post it on my website very soon (I just need a little time...where does it go?  :shock: ) I have found the item in an Inwald 1914 catalog extract that I received some years ago from Milan Hlaves (Prague Museum of Decorative Arts). It is almost identical, but there are some small differences. I'll try and write it all out with the illustration, as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

Glen

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 02:01:02 PM »
Pamela - I've fully updated the article  :lol:

http://www.geocities.com/carni_glass_uk_2000/Tea.html

Glen

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »
Thank you Glen !
I need more time to re-read and investigate what I have got here. Fact is that pages of Neumann's 1915 Brockwitz catalogue are missing in PK, which SG sometimes does judging them to be not too important and necessary for all of his readers.
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand