No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any information on Bonora & C. available?  (Read 2921 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Any information on Bonora & C. available?
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
I can find very little online about Bonora & Co.  There are a couple of other labelled vases to see and the odd reference to an Aldo Bonora, does anyone have any info on the company?

Here is one of their vases, the label reads Vetri Molati Bonora & C. Murano Venezia.

John

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Any information on Bonora & C. available?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
May be it's a retailer's label, as that looks very Mandruzzto (sp) (and it's got a U layer)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
Interesting Christine, the other vases are very 'Mandruzzato' in style too (yes it is a U layer).

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
Here's an atypical panelled sommerso vase in the green & amber variation. I believe they are made by a few Murano-based companies, but this one features a label I haven't seen before: Vetri Molati Bonora & C. I'm assuming this is a retailer's label, or does anyone have any further information on this company?

Snapped at Malvern Flea market today, but even half-price from the original £70 price tag it was too rich for me.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:17:40 AM »
David - I have merged your post with John's earlier thread you linked to and set all post titles to follow the earlier thread.

And I have removed your link but I am also adding the link below to a website where another item with the same label can be seen - with a comment of similarity with a couple of Campanella pieces.

Modernistglass.com - Bonora & C. item
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand