No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: $63.00 Art Glass Lamp -- Murano ???  (Read 17104 times)

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Re: $63.00 Art Glass Lamp -- Murano ???
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
Hi Rose, have you looked at this one, not identical but very similar. google (20thcenturyglass.com)  then search Barovier & Toso...
the site won't let me post a link due to copyright.

Robert.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Sorry folks,  I am still in left field when it comes to these lamps because of the silver used.  I still place my bets on AVeM or Galliano Ferro, both made a ton of lamps.  Galliano Ferro still produces lighting but on more of a larger level.  They just speak Ferro to me, but I can't confirm it without seeing one with a label on it.  Both AVeM & GF produced incredible lamps in the mid century.  Rose, your very lucky to have two.   :hiclp:

tam bam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »
Sorry folks,  I am still in left field when it comes to these lamps because of the silver used.  I still place my bets on AVeM or Galliano Ferro, both made a ton of lamps.  Galliano Ferro still produces lighting but on more of a larger level.  They just speak Ferro to me, but I can't confirm it without seeing one with a label on it.  Both AVeM & GF produced incredible lamps in the mid century.  Rose, your very lucky to have two.   :hiclp:

tam bam

Thanks tam bam:

I will drop them a Note to see if they can help at all.  The PINK screams the 50's to me, IMHO (I think)...and Yes, Thank God I have a Pair.  I was so afraid one might get broke in Shipping, but IF it did -- I was prepared then to only have the one (even at that Price).  Again, Thank God they both arrived safe.  Probably because the box was bigger, it was always moved along the way by just lifting, and standing it on the bottom.  Not like smaller parcels that can get thrown around.....lol.

yes, I am in Seventh heaven here  :chky:.  Never thought I would end up with some Lamps, and a Pair. 

I have to Thank my son for helping me obtain these too.  Thanks Son!!! :kissy:  Love ya 

He knows his Mom likes Glass
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
You have a very good son, Rose.  I found this lamp.  The base is a little different but I wanted to show it to you anyway.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/avem-barovier-mid-century-murano-glass-lamp

tam bam

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 09:08:56 PM »
Lovely things but beyond that - DON'T YOU JUST LOVE A BARGAIN????

It has been my downfall on a couple of pieces I wish I had stumped up more for and won them.

I always have trouble with lamps as several look similar, here is something else from my man(at least that's the claim) to add to the confusion.

http://1stdibs.com/furniture_item_detail.php?id=326083

Following on from this link I found this site with a pair of blue alexandrite Murano lamps for $5,600 - I think I will take them. But not just yet, I have to totally renovate the house to accommodate them - I don't think.

http://www.145antiques.com/html/index.html
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
You have a very good son, Rose.  I found this lamp.  The base is a little different but I wanted to show it to you anyway.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/avem-barovier-mid-century-murano-glass-lamp

tam bam

Also just found this one today a Barovier (pink glass) lamp (one only) with Silver Flakes in it too * HERE *

Mind you it has no label -- but there is a Note that that some other like at some other sale......if that makes any difference....lol ??

:-\

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
Whoa!  The seller seems to be very optimistic about the price for one lamp.  I wonder where the seller got the idea the lamps originally sold for $3900 (I bet I can guess and if I am right, it is not a reliable source to info or price ideas).  Anyway, the lamp is gorgeous but I bet there will not be many takers because of the price.  Rose, you on the other hand really got a deal.   

tam bam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »
Hi there;

Where would I email to for ask about Avem as a Maker? 

I might drop them a line too.  Yeah, if anything - I got a Deal on these, but would be nice to find out who made them.

I was thinking (oh NO  :thud: ) but I really do not want to take them apart -- but maybe under the bottom wide glass piece where it joins the brass -- there could be something.  But I really do not want to even search under there to see, and on top of that...it would just be a gamble anyways.

:-\ :spls:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:04 AM »
...And Last but not least.

One Man's Trash (on Sale, and on Clearance) - is another One treasure !!!!  ;D 

They were kind enough to send along the Tickets Sign Price from them.......lol

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
HEY, yes I am shouting this time ...... :24:

Here is the Exact Same lamps as mine (even the bases) but  in Blue.   They are exact (shades different) but glass, Silver flecks, base ALL the same

:chky:   Click HERE  :chky:   

Alas, no label on them either....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand