No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nanny Still Vase?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Nanny Still Vase?
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »
Attributed to Nanny Still - Riihimaen - in most collectable guides - I'm sure it is Riihimaen but do we know for sure its Nanny Still

Another question - I have a good up to date copy of the Designlasin Hintakirja, why are so many Riihimaen designs left out like this vase?

Anyway have a look and thanks

Adam

Offline px

• Members
Re: Nanny Still Vase?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:18:53 PM »
This one, as well as dozens of Riihimäen Lasi's export collection designs were marketed "anonymous" i.e. no designer mentioned.  It means there are no signed design sketches left either and they are and not probably ever will be attributed.

Actually I think this design is more often attributed to Tamara Aladin and as she was known as a very productive designer of that time it is most probable many of these designs are hers but still - as there is no documentation left it is quite questionable they are so widely attributed to her.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand