Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Isle of Wight Four Seasons - Winter ??

(1/1)

jakgene:
  I bought this yesterday at a collectors fair, thinking it was a four seasons winter vase. Checking online the one shown here

http://iowstudioglass.wikidot.com/fourseasons

doesn't look much like mine, colour of flower,colour of rim and general appearance differ,   although mine is a small and  a medium sized example is shown.   

So is mine a Winter vase? I have looked all through my iow glass book and found nothing else it could be. There is also one identical to mine currently listed on Ebay Canada as a Winter vase. item 180652397708 refers.

JAK

jakgene:
lost the pictures in transit  :-[

chopin-liszt:
I'd say winter is right. The single flower is because it's a smaller vase, the colour of the flower is fairly irrelevant (maybe its an autumny winter///) and the colour of the rim is green - it could simply be the photography makes it looke different, or simply that yours is greener. They are all made individually, variations between pieces are desirable - they are all unique.

jakgene:
Thanks Sue - was hoping someone knowledgeable would say that  ;D

Mine is much greener that the one on the IOW page appears in the photo, it is almost a bluey green - like the ocean.

I think it is gorgeous anyway. 

I had a good week for IOW glass,found this winter vase and a small blue azurene globe vase at the collectors fair, and from NZ received a Meadow Garden Cornflower perfume bottle, and IOW glass let me know they have made me a new stopper for a Seascape perfume bottle I sent to them a few weeks ago and that is now on its way back to me. It was sold to me as a vase but when it came was ground at the neck.

A happy week  :)

regards

JAK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version