No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandi Square dish Fabulous - ID = Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät  (Read 11035 times)

Offline ic1

• Members
Hi recently purchased dish. sorry about the poor quality pic. I had a better one but it was just over the minimum allowed to post. iT has a textured bottom to it. Thanks in advance

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Scandi Square dish Fabulous
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:42:48 PM »
Why do you think it is Scandinavian?  It seems more likely to be Indonesian or Thai to me from thios side of the world.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ic1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
perhaps I should have said Scandi style
 :-\

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »
However, I am happy to confirm it is Scandinavian.  :)

Designed by Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät and called "Metsä"  (=forest). It is available in various sizes from a tealight holders to larger bowls and plates. I think the largest are over 30cm in diameter.

Offline ic1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
Hi PX this bowl is 30cms wide. Thanks for the heads up. I really like it but it may be winging its way to ebay very shortly. I'll give you a mention. Thanks

Offline px

• Members
Re: Scandi Square dish Fabulous - ID = Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
Thanks ic1, but really: I am here to help you identify your object, I did not ask to be helping you to sell it. So I would appreciate you stand behind your attributions at ebay yourself. You can easily google this object and find lots of them so I think that should be good enough.
Thank you for your understanding.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:07:04 AM »
I always thought the 'Cactus' Vases were attributed to Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät and called "Metsä", px.  Am I getting them mixed up with something else??
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »
Yep, Rosie, I think you mix up something. "Metsä" really is the topic item of this thread. Doesn't the pattern look like "forest" like with branches bending in the wind?  :) Also this design is documented in a publication of the Finnish Glass Museum.

I know what model you mean with "cactus" as it has been discussed in some old thread and it most certainly was made by LasiSepät and whynot most probably was also designed by Pertti Kallioinen as he did a lot of designs for them.
I so far haven't just found any proof for that myself, nor the name of the design. Only items with LasiSepät sticker.

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Hi px!
Do you know if there is a similar design? I´ve got a bowl I´ve always suspected to be Humppila, because it´s
in their distinctive colourway clear and amber. The motif is almost the same, but the trees aren´t grouped as
regularly and their branches bend counter-clockwise...  :huh:
May take some time to find it and provide a picture.  :-[
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Hi dirk! I feel like Sherlock Holmes but, sorry, my mind doesn't work like his.  :ho:
I only think of a design with a counter clockwise swirl but the pattern is very regular and not so forest... So; looking forward to you finding your bowl to get something visual.  :usd:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand