No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandi Square dish Fabulous - ID = Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät  (Read 11060 times)

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: Scandi Square dish Fabulous - ID = Pertti Kallioinen for LasiSepät
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
Can confirm these were made in Italy as well. Last week I saw the bowl through a closed junk shop´s
window. The label read ´Made in Italy - Centrifug??´ - unfortunately I couldn´t make out if there was
a makers name on the label as well...  :-\
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »
Reached Australia as well - no labels but the local op-shop had two - one the same as the original one for this topic and a second one much shallower(c 2" depth).  First one was fro sale at $6(aust) = c. 3.60pounds.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
There has been several discussions on the board regarding the Lasisepät designs; in the UK they were made by Ravenhead and sold as part of their "Flair" range.

robbo
robbo

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
Hi Robbo, :hi:

Now that Really interests me, given I have so many 'Lasisepat' votives,.
Please can you let me know where there is any documented evidence for this, because I have a box with Ravenhead on it with 2 pieces in it, and I also have 12 other pieces that match, that are neither labelled nor signed, so I don't know who made which?? 
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
The only evidence is that some of the designs have been spotted in Ravenhead boxes (the box design including a photo of the item). I see them in charity shops, unboxed / unlabelled, very frequently; I'm sure other people must see them frequently too. It just reinforces the probability most of those found in the UK are from a British volume producer.
robbo

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
Just popping back to the Metsa Vase made by Viking Glass, currently listed on eBay.

This is quite an important piece of help in the research of this pattern, so I wrote to the owners who are selling it, asking if we could have their permission to use the pictures here.  They have very kindly agreed that we may use them and also have said that it they have any other pictures that may be useful in their archives, they will email them to me to use.
I think that is very kind of them indeed, and does mean that we will have the pictures after the listing has ended, so they will be here for reference.

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand