No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Bergh Decanter...Dating?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Kosta Bergh Decanter...Dating?
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »
Even though I know its very difficult to date Kosta prior to the Lindstrand era I though I'd ask on this decanter. Has Kosta BH 7-90 (very tough to read because of some bottom wear, but I got it). Anything on a possible date of production appreciated. Ken

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
Re: Kosta Bergh Decanter...Dating?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »
BH 790 is in the 1959 catalog, 31 cm tall, albeit with a different stopper (body is identical)

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Thanks Taylog, appreciate the dating. This one is 12" on the nose & maybe a different stopper was made in some production years as its a perfect fit & neither neck or stopper is ground so its a match as far as I can tell.  Ken

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »
I just love that decanter i feel the stopper is not original the right one was probably shaped like the base and flat disc top .

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »
copy attached of extract from Swedish Glass Factories  - production catalogues - for research purposes only.

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »
You're right...stopper must not be original even though its an exact fit & looks proportional. Well it was only $8 US so still am OK though. Thanks for the catalog pic, appreciate the work. Ken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand