No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help needed to id 3 paperweights 2 bought in indian antique shop last week  (Read 1192 times)

Offline tommytonguedj

• Members
Hi All,
         New to site and buying glass paperweights but have been dealing in various antiques for a few years, Help needed to id 3 paperweights please follow my photo album link, The multicoloured one and green one were bought last week whilst i was in india hired a bike and set off hunting the 3rd one i have had for a while. Any clues or directions i can head towards are greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Lynsey_Oakes/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People

The first looks like modern Chinese. The second, very much Indian (as Lustrousstone says). The third, no idea on the maker (but please don't consider it a potential part of your pension pot...)

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline tommytonguedj

• Members
Thanks Lustrousstone and alan for reply and i'm sure my pension plans already gone having 3 boys betweeen 3 and 11 lol. Thanks all the same for quick id's just one more id now the weird flattish shaped green one, Someone has said it may not be a paperweight but used for something else??

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It probably is a paperweight but you're unlikely to find a manufacturer. A fair number of the catalogues show plain glass block catalogues, but the quality of the glass lots more like something from a bottle maker than a fancy goods maker. The glass hasn't been decolorised. Functional paperweights have been needed for a long time...

Offline tommytonguedj

• Members
Thanks Lustrousstone for yet more info which is greatly appreciated, Just one last question do you have any idea of age. Thanks again your not a million miles away from me i'm In Newton-Le-Willows got some nice adrian sankey apple pw's the other week at winwick CarBoot, Thanks Again Tommy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand