No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pair of Fish  (Read 2175 times)

Offline CathyG

• Members
Pair of Fish
« on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to show my ebay impulse buy. They were very inexpensive and I really liked them. One has a label but I can't read all of it. I used a magnifying glass and all I could make out was "Made Italy" in the center of the label. I think if I had a better magnifying glass I'd be able to make out more.  I know their "tourist" Murano but I still think their quite a nice pair. They stand 5 1/2" tall, controlled bubbles and have ground and polished bottoms. The color looks like a creamy aqua with gold dust and the eyes are indented not applied. Idea's of the maker?

Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Pair of Fish
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:55:38 AM »
Can you show us the label?  
Pieces like this were made by many makers, like Toso and Barbini.
I think the label could take us into the right direction.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline CathyG

• Members
Pair of Fish
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 02:14:36 PM »
Hi Javier,

Here's the label, but as you can see you can't see anything on it expect that it's round an silver, hopefully that will help. I read the "Made Italy" with the magnifying glass because it's raised and if you hold it on an angle you can read the raised letters.

CathyG

Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand