No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: AVEM  (Read 2315 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
AVEM
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »
Two supposedly AVEM tutti Frutti bowls

Bought for £30 each - i just cant beleive they are asking £150 on eBay and getting it

Is that right

Thanks as ever Adam

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: AVEM
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
They look like the real things, Adam. To tell the truth, I can never tell the difference between the ones done by AVeM, Fratelli Toso, or Ferro after the labels are off. They all look so similar to me. They're all equivalent in price, though, so no harm done if they are misidentified. If you are interested, you can look around online to see if you can find ones that are like yours with labels. There are some differences in the general ways the canes look, or at least it seems that way to me.

These bowls are pretty common, so I'm surprised when I see prices over $70 or so for them. Some are bigger and nicer than others, though. People will pay a bit more for the nicer ones.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »
The green one is good for AVeM but the red one isn't unfortunately. I have one exactly the same as your green one and I love looking at it from the green layer. It sort of reminds me of the ocean and the things you would see at the bottom of it. LOL.

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
Thanks

So what is the red one if not AVEM

Adam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »
I have one with a black background and it has a "Venetian Made in Italy" label on it.  The label is red.  I have yet to identify who made glass with a red "Venetian Made in Italy" label on their glass so I just call it a generic label. 

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand