Author Topic: 30" x 12" x 4" Huge Art Glass monolithic blue with hollowed triangle  (Read 230 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: 30" x 12" x 4" Huge Art Glass monolithic blue with hollowed triangle
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
The "tree" is a piece called "Lilit" - it's a human torso, with various lenses all cut to fit each other, in varying shades of blues and purples.

The Exhibition is going the be at Broadfield House and I would really recommend making the effort to travel to see it if you possibly can. You need to be able to walk around the pieces.  :)
Cheers, Sue (M)

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."
-- Confucius

Offline Frank Sacramento

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • art glass
    • USA
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
Thank you again for the wonderful information on the Broadfield House. Looks as if I would have to be a member or friend in order to access? I have tried to download their membership several times to no avail. Any other suggestion on comparing this piece to tree-lilit would be appreciated. Thank you Frank

Offline Frank Sacramento

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • art glass
    • USA
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 08:39:41 PM »
Another fact is everything I have purchased from this contact has been from the 1950 to 1990. Have purchased two beautiful Vistosi Birds by Alessandro Pianon  so trust what era they told me this piece was from 1970-1980.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »
Frank, Broadfield House Glass Museum is open to the public. You don't need to join anything or be a friend to go there. See here for details: http://www.dudley.gov.uk/see-and-do/museums/glass-museum/whats-on-at-broadfield-house/

Offline bOBA

• Members
Also, Attila can be contacted here. https://www.facebook.com/prismagallery
He is very busy but is an authority on hungarian Studio glass and should be able to comment.

Robert (bOBA)

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com