No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amethyst glass vase with applied roundels - ID = Tiroler Glashütte  (Read 113 times)

Offline ian the sculptor

• Members
I'm hoping someone can help identify the maker of this vase. The only glass I can find with this type of applied roundels was made by Whitefriars (Baxter and Hogan) see Jackson p. 125 pl 114, and p.134 pl.141.
The vase has some age, the wear on base is authentic. Nice polished pontil. Indents in foot.   

Thanks
Ian

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Amethyst glass vase with applied roundels of glass
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 07:11:02 PM »
Tiroler Glashütte, some more here:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,66588.0.html

John

Offline ian the sculptor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:43:28 PM »
Brilliant. Thank you John.  It was obviously not Whitefriars (wrong colour to start with) but my searches drew a blank. I thought someone might know. WOLFGANG VON WERSIN is not a name I was familiar with at all, but a quick google shows he did some interesting glass.
Thanks again,
Ian.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 12:38:34 PM »
Had a couple more pass through my hands in recent times, I like them, simple but appealing design. I get the impression they are found in two sizes, either around 14cm or slightly larger at 16cm. The yellow variation flying free found is lovely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand