No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 319726 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
David, welcome back! -- I was sure you would bring something beautiful home :)
The Vizner vase is gorgeous! :mrgreen:

OT: could you please have a look in this thread? -- It is about a Murano piece I bought recently; I have seen that you have 2 Corroso pieces in your collection, and I'm sure you know more about this technique (I read your comments in several older threads)
And I found something interesting regarding this old ID request (Svobodova lookalike vase -- you had contributed in it); before it gets lost again... :sleep:

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »
Rocco, a great Wunch piece. I really like these and in different sizes and colours they can display really well together. I attach a photo I took of some belonging to Jindrich. The Vizner piece picked up by David is splendid too. Both are excellent examples of 1970's Skrdlovice designs. I saw the Vizner vase in the Midlands when David came over and it is even better in person, a great sculptural quality and light hitting it really creates some wonderful effects...

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »
Thanks, Robert!
I do like the Wünsch piece a lot, glad I found it at a reasonable prize (the last one I saw at a fleamarket in Switzerland was too expensive for me).

BTW, I sent you an e-mail...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
Petr Hora 8316/22cm... much more attractive in real life than in photographs. I am pleased. :)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
A beautiful vase, Anik! :hiclp:

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
Anik:

A very nice find. I agree that it looks much better in real life than in pictures (and your photo is a good one, too). You seem to gathering steam these days as far as number of pieces you're finding. Lucky you.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »
Even my husband likes the Hora piece, which is nothing short of a miracle...   :)

David, I haven't exactly been 'finding' these Skrdlovice items. Though I won the 8316 on Allegro, the others, beginning with the 7606 Jezek vase which I posted on September 16, have come from both Aukro and from two very friendly Czech ladies who offer me their glass before they list them on the service...

I've still got some very nice Skrdlovice coming my way in about 2 weeks.  ;D

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
A couple of nice pieces I picked up last month, an unusual large 1969 Vizner vase in azur and a small 1978 Svoboda vase in an unusual colour... It seems there is always just one more nice piece to wish to acquire from the output of this amazing factory!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
Both are gorgeous, Robert...  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:    Thank you for sharing!  And you're right -- a person's Skrdlovice collection could never be complete.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
Wow -- phantastic pieces, Robert!

Though my Czech collection has grown nicely last week, unfortunately not my Skrdlovice collection.
I could have bought a nice small early Skrdlovice vase today, but it was too heavily scratched; funny thing was that the first time somebody wanted to sell a Czech piece to me as Scandinavian (instead of the usual Murano attribution :))

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand