No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 319776 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2011, 02:03:39 PM »
I was joking, Anik! ;D
I know that feeling when you spend a lot of time searching for nice glass, and nothing comes your way...

In Vienna 2 more Skrdlovice pieces found their way to my collection:
Really beautiful Jaroslav Beranek vase, PN 5346, 22 cm (I am still not sure whether it is single coloured or 2-coloured), and a funny short Emanuel Beranek 5989 vase, only 20 cm high :) -- pic attached showing the midget next to the normal version.

And I managed to update my gallery -- several new pics now online...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
I love the Jaroslav Beranek vase and am hoping one will find its way into my collection one day.  I just have to remember in which direction it 'screws'.

Great addition, Michael!  (I'm also glad you're happy with your small Em. Beranek piece.  Though I prefer it to the larger version, it's not my favourite design.)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
Thanks, Anik!
Skrdlovice pieces always seem to "screw" in the same direction :)

The Emanuel Beranek design is much better in real life (Iwasn't so fond of it on pics either).

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
Skrdlovice pieces always seem to "screw" in the same direction :)

I know, but in my excitement and compulsiveness, I might not remember which direction is the right direction. :usd:

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Anik, I am sure you would recognize the vase at once, whatever direction it may screw in :)
Did you spot that I found my first ZBS animals? :rah:

Michael

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
Seems to me that it good moment now to challenge you a bit my friends. My old Skrdlovice (1944 - 1945) box in our hall  >:D

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »
I did not know there was an early Beranek glass museum opened recently near Prague!  :ac1: A very nice cabinet of the glass that started the ball rolling at Skrdlovice. Including the famous, hard to find, original "ram" vase, the large piece in the middle of the top shelf, next to a smaller example of the work of Lichtagova with clear handles, plus many Emanuel Beranek designs.... All looking a part of a set, which in a way they are, defining an era of production under difficult circumstances when materials and quality equipment was hard to find, the then very small factory still managed to produce some lovely things still enjoyed today, altogether a wonderful display,

Also a great Andromeda for Michael and the 50's EB vases are great too, more sizes than we think in some patterns....

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:26 PM »
Wow Jindrich, what a collection (and so lovely displayed) :hiclp: Thanks for showing!
Although I am usually more fond of "modern" Skrdlovice, as a group the early pieces look great.

And thanks Robert for your comment. Is my "Andromeda" vase possibly an earlier one? (The shape of mine looks very similar to the drawing in the pattern book of 1953, whereas the vase in Mark Hill's book and the beautiful brown/clear vase David has in his collection seem a little different)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
No new Skrdlovice items to show off, gentlemen?  It seems I haven't drooled in a while... pretty please. :)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Could this 20 year old mystery Czech piece be Skrdlovice? (Just connected with Jindrich's display and it instantly reminded me of this range, more scattered around the board, and gut insticts are worth a follow up).  I think we did finally get one with a Czech label. Date period would be good too, though 30s to 50s has been assumed for no good reason than style.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand