No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 319793 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
... the Hora and the little ball vase came my way only because this little Santa dumpling got $30 CAD for her birthday and $30 CAD for Christmas from her parents, and has access to a certain Czech auction site. 

Technically, I've still got a few dollars left over.  ;D

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »
VoilĂ  the promised pics of the ashtray.
Well, at least I am 90% sure that I got the ID right -- after looking through the pattern books from 1952 till 1963 I was quite disappointed not to find anything similar; but in 1951 (where I rarely look) there is an ashtray PN 5134, designed by Milena Veliskova, which seems to be spot on. Mine is just short of 15 cm lenght, so quite close to the 14 cm in the pattern book.

And Santa brought another nice piece of Czech glass, a huge Jurnikl "Hobnail" vase  :rah::ru: :rah:

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
Very attractive ashtray, Michael.  I'd say your attribution is correct, however I find 50s Skrdlovice the most difficult to identify.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2011, 04:35:39 PM »
Thanks, Anik, it really is a very elegant piece.
Usually when I look through the pattern books I can't decide which of several similar patterns could be the right one :ho:; this time PN 5134 was the only matching design I could find...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
I've got one more Skrdlovice item.  I didn't post it earlier because I was unsure whether or not it would stay in my collection...  It's one of the oddest / wonkiest vases I've got.

It's massive.  Though only 24cm tall, its barrel-like body measures 45,5cm round at its widest.  It weighs close to 3kg. I'm pretty sure it's 50s Skrdlovice, but don't know the who or when.  

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Happy Christmas everyone. Such is the flood of lovely Skrdlovice on this thread it is hard to keep up. Davids Stahlikova-Veliskova is very fine indeed. I am sure Michaels attribution on the ashtray is a good one. Aniks vase is Skrdlovice certainly but whether Bohuslav or Emanuel needs a bit of researching. I certainly have an Emanuel vase with a very similar patterning. It was made in several heights and so a shorter version could result in a vase looking very much like this, great glass everywhere... wow...

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to comment, Robert.  Both Bohuslav and Emanuel are on my list of possible designers...  then again, so are a few others. :usd:

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
Took a while to find another piece for my Skrdlovice collection... :)

Veliskova "swan" candleholder, PN 5327/A, nice colourway of peachy pink with light blue.

It has the same label (yellow background with silver script) as my yet unidentified tall vase, and my "Andromeda" brown and green bowl.
Any idea how long this label was used? -- I would guess it is an earlier one...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
I guess I'll have to repeat myself for the 50th time... What a lucky find, Michael!  And a labeled one too.  But I do prefer Robert's, with his less feminine colours.

My collection grew by one a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post a picture.  It's a Palecek 7632 / 18cm vase.  The vase is so much more interesting in real life -- it glitters in the sunlight, and the clear top rim gives a really interesting effect, depending on how you're looking at it.  I'm very pleased with it.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
Thanks, Anik!
The Palecek vase is nice, very "Skrdlovice'ish" :)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand