No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 319779 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Finally!  After a several months' dry spell, a wonderful Skrdlovice vase has found a perfectly happy home in my collection...  I'm sssooooooo pleased!

Here is my Svobodova 6532/21cm Galaxy vase... 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
Congratulations, Anik!! :rah:
And what a nice colourway!

My galaxy vase is still the most discussed piece of glass in my household -- almost everybody but me thinks it is ugly. :usd:

BTW, I am far from a dry spell at the moment - I found my first Exbor fish last weekend! :chky:
Will post pics when I have time at the end of the week...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »
UGLY... exactly the word my husband used a few minutes ago (with a few choice adverbs) when I showed him my new addition.

Some people just don't understand art... 

------------------------------

Michael, you found an Exbor fish????  Oh, I'm sssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!  Please do post a few pictures when you've got the time.  Lucky, lucky, lucky you!!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 08:18:28 PM »
Congratulations, Anik.  I really like the Galaxy range although I've never managed to find a vase of one.  They were impossible to find for a long time, and now their price makes them prohibitive. They're not a style admired by non-glass lovers, though, are they?

Well done (and please don't tell me how much you paid for it of it was cheap)!

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »
Thank you, David  ;D...  are these vases really that hard to come by?  I suppose that's even happier news for me.

I got the vase using dirty tactics which I'm sure will bring the condemnation of some...   It came up on Allegro just a few days ago for 49zl.  But I've got one competitor who seems to bet on everything I want, and obviously has much more cash at her disposal than I do.  So to elimate her chances, I contacted the seller and offered 90zl to end the auction.  The seller agreed.  With postage, I paid 103,50zl (approximately 25 euro or 33 CAD). 

I'm a good person.  Really I  am.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2011, 05:55:09 AM »
When you say you're a good person, you mean historically speaking?  (See thread on sellers who change an auction to BIN).  The price was very right! There's a few come up on German eBay, but they're usually over $100. 

My first one was a brown bowl/vase which I bought on eBay but picked up locally for $16.50. I bid because I'd bought a Harrtil piece and a Sarpaneva piece from the same person who was selling her aunt's estate. I reckoned it must be something decent.  It goes really nicely with the brown vase I have.  My preference is for the 'Sirius' line by Svobodova, but I don't see it around much.

And Anik:  I still respect you.

David

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 06:40:59 AM »
Oh dear.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »
Don't let it worry you... most have done it at some point. Soo, Anik goes organic! Nice vase.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »
We can only ask Anik, it takes the seller to agree. I am in no position to criticise....

John

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
Sorry, Anik. I was pulling your leg. I thought perhaps you might assuage your guilt by passing the piece on to me.

I think it's a case of seller beware. If someone is offering to BIN, you can be pretty sure it's worth more that than the seller expected. I'm sue this seller is glad he or she turned down the BIN.  It's a Sarpaneva piece for Venini that started at $9.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110714526402&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand