No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 319777 times)

Offline vetraio50

• Members
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 04:40:38 AM »
Hi langhaugh.
Most of the post-war stuff came in through one company here Bohemia Crystal Pty Limited Australia : http://www.bohemia.com.au/profile.htm
They state that there was little coming in from the pre-war period, but the amount of Loetz, Kralik, Welz and Harrach suggests that buyers were making trips to Europe. They were probably from Department Stores but I know little about the early days. I've not come across early catalogues as yet. I'm on the look out!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:50 AM »
Thanks for the interesting information.  Quite different from happened in the Us and Canada where different import companies imported different lines.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
vetraio50, I love that Beranek vase! I saw the same here some time ago, but the price was just above my limit (now I do regret it a little bit).

David, another "interesting" Skrdlovice piece in your collection ;D
I have to admit I do prefer their 1950s/60s stuff more...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »
My Skrdlovice collection has grown by 1, bringing my total up to 11 (plus two "possibly Skrdlovice" pieces)...  my latest buy is a charming little vase, only 93mm tall.  Though it is similar to at least two designs in the Skrdlovice patterns catalogue, it's still a bit of a mystery.   :) 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 03:35:20 PM »
Anik, nice piece! -- Is this plain brown or does it have a clear layer as well?

It is really difficult with these early hotworked pieces to ID the right pattern.
I have looked several times through the pattern books on the Pardubice site, but still have no clue about designer, year or PN of my big beautiful (birthday present) vase...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »
Hi Michael...  no clear layer, just a very attractive light brown all the way through, appearing slightly darker near the bottom of the piece.  I'm very pleased with it.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
I like this, Anik, as you might have expected. It looks very similar to one in Wayne's store. http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_127&products_id=2911 butno designer named.

David

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
David, I'm glad you like my vase  :).  At this point, everything I look at looks similar, then a second later, completely different to my vase, so I don't know what comment to make about Wayne's vase.  I do think it's earlier than 1960s though.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
Anik:

Sorry, not a candlestick (bit slow on these around here right now, although I've been told there were lots around Canada in the 60's)) but a big, masculine piece. A Jaroslav Svoboda design from around 1972 with a red Skrdlovice label and with what seems to be the remnants of a plastic, I think,  Glassexport label. It weighs an astounding 4.28 kg, is 27 cm wide and 11 cm high. It's going straight on to the coffee table in my front room. Many thanks to bOBA for pointing this one out.

David

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »
David, what a truly wonderful bowl and an outstanding addition to your collection.   :mrgreen: :)   Lucky fellow!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand