No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Identified Items  (Read 320776 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely...
« Reply #310 on: February 17, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
 :mrgreen: David, I'd love to see the Vizner 7412 in real life. Such an interesting design -- kind of sci-fi-ish, isn't it?

Robert, thank you for the kind words and for confirming that the green and purple vase is indeed the 5988. I greatly appreciate it.

Michael, do you know why your Stahlikova is a second?  My R. Beranek vase is a couple centimeters shorter than in the designs book which might account for the II. 

By the way, I'm feeling slightly envious of you gentlemen.  It seems that your glass collections are just a bit classier and more desirable than mine.  But that's OK. I'll catch up with you one day.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
@Anik: I think you already have a really classy Skrdlovice collection, and it will grow I am sure (I just saw that you added a beautiful Wünsch vase)
Each of us has some pieces which are harder to find (like your Svoboda lampbase, your Vizner 8611, only to mention a few), and several pieces which are more common...

We will never catch up with David anyway -- he is adding one great piece after the other atm to his already fabulous collection :mrgreen:

@Robert: I was hoping for a comment on my Jelinek ashtray -- I thought that would be just the thing for you...
Am I right in thinking that it is a rather "scarce" range? (That I have never seen a piece of it before might not mean much)
I would really appreciate any more info! :thup:

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
Thanks, Michael, for the kind words.  I have been lucky the past couple of months, but with much help from Anik and Robert in many ways. Great people, not just wise Skrdloviceans.  I think I've exhausted my budget and luck now., though. All three collections are good. The collection I'd like to see is Jindrich's. I wonder what he's got stored away in his fabled garden shed. Didn't he say he had 500 Skrdlovice pieces?

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
The Jelinek ashtray is great Michael. The vase of this pattern is in the Graham Cooley collection, as was dispayed at King's Lynn HiLo Sklo exhibition, possibly visible on Mark Hill's site, on his blog archive, but other than that, I have never seen one. I don't know about numbers but Jindrich has a fine Skrdlovice collection. He has some great pieces from several areas of Czech glassmaking and always surprises me when discussing glass, as he has some interests that you may not necessarily expect. Most people would not know he has a real enthusiasm for many years relating to Victorian era "spa glass," the ruby cut to clear type stuff, for example. He admires a lot of types of glass but of course Skrdlovice glass is a definite passion he shares with us. Trouble for most of us is, "so much glass, so little shelving!"

Robert (bOBA)   

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2012, 07:11:30 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Robert -- very much appreciated!
I just was so excited when I spotted the ashtray on a local auction site (and able to ID it though the crappy pic was shot against a dark background).
Thanks for pointing me to Mark Hill's site; I found this nice pic showing Mark Hill and Graham Cooley with the Jelinek vase from this range far in the background :)

@David: If I look through our thread here I am quite impressed what we have managed to collect in only one year time; and I am sure we havn't exhausted our luck yet -- there will be some more good and very good Skrdlovice pieces coming our way.

BTW, I am so very far from Jindrich's 500+ pieces, and already running out of shelf space (and no garden shed for storing near or far)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
My Zemek vase... unfortunately, very scratched on the inside.

But it glows. :)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
Very nice, Anik!
David has a whole collection of those... (while I have never seen a single one here -- seems like the majority has been exported to Canada :))

Michael

Offline vetraio50

• Members
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:22 AM »
Hi All!

I just arrived back with a new vase from the Collector's Market here in Sydney.
I've been to the catalogues and have worked out that it is from 1955.
It's design number 5515. It's a greenish brown and has a nice uranium reaction all over.
My question is though: Who is the designer?
I can't read the name. I'm guessing that it is : A Marešová?
http://www.vcm.cz/program/exhibitions/glass/pdf/55_56.pdf

regards

kevin G.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »
Kevin,

I can't make the name out either and I can't see anything in any of my references that would allow me to make anything other than a wild guess.  It's a great find as I've never seen this piece before. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see some pictures, please.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline vetraio50

• Members
« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2012, 01:19:15 PM »
Hi David. Thanks for the reply.
I have not been able to pull any more out yet either.
I remembered the shape from looking through the catalogues.

I've recently looked again through the catalogues and I think they might have changed.
Has anyone else noted that there seems to a different version of the drawings?

It glows well with the blue light.
I've never done photos in the dark so my first three attempts are a bit embarrassing.
I've taken about ten photos but I'll just tender these:

regards

and thanks again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand