Author Topic: Identification of signed paperweight. ID = Remigijus Kriukas  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Greenie

• Members
Please can anyone help identify this piece of glass.  It's signed on the bottom but I can't read the signature.  

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Identification
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
looks  a bit like an Adam Jablonski weight but the sig doesn't match up with that I don't think.
I'm sure someone will be along in a while who will know :)  What size it is please? and is it a weight?
Please could you put a little more of a descriptor in your heading next time to encourage people to look, as most threads are requesting id's anyway?  Many thanks.
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Identification
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
The signature doesn't match, I'm afraid - Adam Jablonski's signature is perfectly legible - even if you've never heard of him.
Cheers, Sue (M)

Three Wise Women would have asked for directions, arrived on time, delivered the baby, cleaned the stables and made a casserole...

And there WOULD have been peace on earth.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Re: Identification of signed paperweight - unreadable signature
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
The signature reads "Remi" - for Remigijus Kriukas: I've got one of his weights directly from him, so can confirm the signature. You'll find somewhat similar weights on
http://www.glasremis.lt/index.php?cid=9&pageID=20
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline Greenie

• Members
Re: Identification of signed paperweight. ID = Remigijus Kriukas
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »
Thank you to everyone, particularly Wuff.  Sorry for not stating size.  At approx 5 1/2 inches tall, it's larger than what I'd call a paperweight, more of a glass ornament. It's a lovely piece and I'm so pleased to have been able to identify it.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand