No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase with cut geometric decoration, Karel Wünsch?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Vase with cut geometric decoration, Karel Wünsch?
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
I am quite positive this beautiful cut vase is from the "Dual" range by Karel Wünsch, but would like confirmation :)
Cut from green to amber, cylindric shape (but front and back cut flat), height 27cm.

Pattern looks almost identical to that on a bowl in Mark Hill's "Hi Sklo Lo Sklo".
The shape seems to be similar to one pictured in CGR 1964/6, only the cut decoration is different: http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/Glasrevue19646?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_i7JrP0uzQugE#5442258397251205106

Thanks!
Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Vase with cut geometric decoration, Karel Wünsch?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
A lovely vase Michael, a very nice piece. I can't see any problem with your (as usual) spot on attribution. The differences in the CGR article seem minor and look to me as only minor variations of the same pattern, maybe just down to the individual cutter. The colours look classic as well, similar to others by Wunch and fits with the Hi Lo Sklo by Mark Hill images too. Jindrich may have more to say on this subject but it seems quite "clear cut" to me (just an English expression, sorry!)

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Vase with cut geometric decoration, Karel Wünsch?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
Thank you very much, Robert!
When I spotted this vase I thought "Wünsch" at once, so nice to know that it is confirmed now :)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand