No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Inherited Stuart crystal -  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Inherited treasure

• Members
Inherited Stuart crystal -
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
Having struggled to get any form of sensible answer from the manufacturer - were do I go to identify the etched numbers on the bottom of several items of Stuart crystal Amber glass? The numbers appear to be etched in using acid, the finish is too poor to be laser and the glass is (According to the family) too old to be anything other than acid. The numbers are all six digit, such as 681649 and 681310 - I woud be interested in any clues as to age and marketability of either individual items or full (6) sets.... many thanks....

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Inherited Stewart crystal -
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:00 AM »
The numbers are registered design numbers. 681649 was registered to Stuart & Sons Ltd (Note the spelling) on 12 March 1921 and 681310 on 22 February 1921.

http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/regnos08.htm

It depends what your items are as to their marketability. A search on the board here should offer more information as would a google.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand