No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Swedish glass question ID = Hanne Dreutle for Studio Ahus  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Lynx2010

• Members
Swedish glass question ID = Hanne Dreutle for Studio Ahus
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Hi
This is my first post and I'd really like to have some info on the blue glass bowl that I bought at auction recently.  I have found out so far it's from Studio Ahus in Sweden 1987 and is either made or designed by Hanna Dreutler and Arthur Zirnsack.  The last bit of the info on hte base is "Prov" and I'm not sure what that means.  Can anyone shed some light on it ?  I'd also like to know if this type of itm is sought after or just beautiful to look at!

Thanks for any help provided.   I tried to attached images but it kept on telling me I had an error so I've uploaded them to Facebook and hopefully the link below will work.

Lyn

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1982113763290.117331.1556582413&l=27095e5854

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Swedish glass question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
The addition "Prov" means "test" - so it is a single piece, not from a series. Other glassworks use the word Unik or Unikat for that. 
The piece is made an designed by Hanne, who is married to Arthur and uses both names.
I'm not sure if Hanne's work is being avidly collected, but in itself this is a fabulous piece of Swedish art glass, signed et all, by one of the most achieved glass artists in the country. Hanne was originally from Germany and worked for Maleras, Flygsfors and Kosta before she went to Studio Glashyttan in Ahus in 1977.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
What a lovely Dish/Bowl Lyn.   :thup: :)

I too really like their work and if you want to, have a look at my obelisk at http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37840.0.html

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
What is really noticable and also worthy of comment, (apart from the sheer beauty of Lyn and Ross's piece) is the clarity of the signature.  I wish all glass artists would take note.....especially studio glass artists who's work may well become the collectables of the future.
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
Here, Here !!!!!!!   And also amen to that. :thup:

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Lynx2010

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »
Hi Ross
Lovely piece of glass, keep it out on show.
Thanks to all who commented.

Lyn

Offline Bonsaismurf

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
I have a pair of lamps by her. Made at Kosta in the first half of the 70's.

Best Regards
Emil

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
That's yummy Emil....if I was going to collect any glass other than birds and animals,  it would be that sort....and I love the Danish Teak furniture as well....I think I was a Scandinavian in a previous life,  I love all things Scandi,  but that lamp is truly beautiful.
Rosie.  :sun:
Rosie.

Offline Lynx2010

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
....if I was going to collect any glass other than birds and animals,   
Hi Rosie, as you collect scandi birds etc I thought you might light to see a little bird I bought at the same time as the blue bowl.  It is Kosta made in the sixties and designed by vivke lindstrand. Have look at my Facebook link below. It's lovely with etched wings and a long tail.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2094884&l=6503296869&id=1556582413

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
That is a beautiful bird Lyn, I have seen Vicke's hedgehogs and giraffes, but not birds.....how elegant with that beatiful long sweeping tail.  Thanks for sharing that. :kissy:
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand