No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: LARGE floor vase holmegaard type feel too it??? - ID = Dartington  (Read 951 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Im saying holmegaard feel to it as i havent a clue but it is very similar made glass to a gulvase in amber that i own so thought id put it in the title, The vase has a nice amber colour fair wear to base not made yesterday i think the saying goes and the inside base of the glass is slightly kicked up from the blowing process the real base has some swirls wear it was madde just hoping someone might be able to place the shape please nearly forgot its size 10 1/2" tall the base is 6" across the rim is fairly undulating seems to have had a fair amount of work in being formed i like it although im not sure if it should have a lid or stopper or whether it is a gulvase type floorvase ????

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: LARGE floor vase holmegaard type feel too it???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 05:40:18 AM »
Daniel I don't believe that this can be Holmegaard because as far as I can ascertain the lower part was always CYLINDRICAL which is why the vase I bought thinking it was probably a Gulvase is not.  Your base shape is essemntial a square and it needs to be a circle.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:49:20 AM »
Dartington. Known as an inkwell, you would need a lot of ink..... So designed by Frank Thrower, FT224. One of three designs made by Woods Brothers for Dartington for only six months in 1978. I think you will find another example if you search this board.

Nice find.

John

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
Thanks again john! What an amasing service this board fabulous....... :smg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand