No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Mystery  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Caithness Mystery
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:22:21 PM »
I have just acquired a Caithness paperweight, and I'm puzzled.  It doesn't appear in my Caithness book, nor can I find it on the internet   :?  Can anyone help?  

It is a lampworked weight called January Snowdrop, and it isn't the Helen MacDonald 'Floral Year' version    :shock:

Here's the weight http://i1.tinypic.com/mw85me.jpg  and this is the base http://i1.tinypic.com/mw87kj.jpg  so you can see it's definitely a Caithness.  It is etched with the words, Snowdrop January Caithness Glass Scotland, and there is an engraved number, P2849

So why isn't it in the book?  The only other thing I could think of is, maybe it's very new - just out for this month - but why can't I find it on the internet then?   :?

And does anyone know who the lampwork was made by?  Should I ask Allan?
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ALLAN

• Members
Caithness Mystery
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:06:57 AM »
Hi Leni,
          The weight is one of the Flower of the Month range Caithness brought out in 1995.I don't know why it was not put in the book.the lampwork would of been done either by myself or Rosette.
                         Allan :D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Caithness Mystery
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
Thank you very much, Allan!    I am delighted to hear that   :D
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia