No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goofus Glass  (Read 2927 times)

Offline wanda j

• Members
Goofus Glass
« on: January 28, 2006, 06:09:58 PM »
Several years ago my Mother gave me a piece of what she called "Goofus Glass" It is very pretty if somewhat unusual.  It is a plate about 10 in.  round, has roses and vines raised up into the glass but the surface of the plate is smooth.  It is painted red and green.  Recently my Mom passed away and I was going through some things she had given me and had been tucked away in a china cabinet and I came across this plate.  I would love to know more about it, it doesn't appear to have any markings, or at least I can't find them.  The paint is fragil and chips, so I don't handle it much.  I'm new here and don't know how to post a picture But I will learn, with help.  If anyone knows about this type of glass please let me know, and also how to post a pic of the plate.
Thanks

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Goofus Glass
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »
Here's a site all about Goofus glass.  :)
http://www.goofus.org/
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand