No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I'll just toot my own horn again... Adolf Matura 13284 vase for Rudolfova  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Having seen this vase in Mark Hill's Hi Sklo and Marcus' Sklo Union, I've always wondered what one of these looks like and feels like in real life... now lucky me, I came home from the market with one.  ;D

I think it's a remarkable piece, more than I ever imagined it would be.  The sheer weight (1552g), the thickness of the glass (2cm at the sides), and the scooped sides render it extremely attractive.  I love the masculinity of the vase.  And it's in clear!

Some photos for those of you who care to have a look...  :hi:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
congratulations Anik  -  obviously it was your day  -  lovely piece and well done. :hiclp:

Offline px

• Members
argghh...  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks for the pictures, anyway  ;D I'll never see one live, I'm sure. So I'll have to settle for being happy for you!  :smg:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Gentlemen, thank you for your kind words...  I'm feeling even more special now.

By the way, I bought the vase for 25 PLN (about 6 Euro).  Tee-heeee! ;D 

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Now Anik, I don't 'do' vases, as you know,  but that one I could find house room for....it is lovely.....so you had a good trip to the market then!!  Yay!  :rah:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Anik, I just realized that I forgot to comment on your great find -- this time it is me who is jealous :mrgreen:
This vase is high on my Sklo Union wishlist...

(Just hope to find a coloured one :))

Michael

Offline px

• Members
Anik, Paul may be a gentleman but I am not.  And this is not only because I cannot hide being so jealous of your finds.  :girlcheer:  :rah:

rocco, let's not put up a thread called "wishlists", I am afraid it would become too long  ;D

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
px, whoever you are, I still think you're great  :kissy:...  I'm especially pleased with the fact that you admit to being jealous of one or two of my pieces.  I greatly appreciate the appreciation -- it's one of the best compliments a collector can hear.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand