No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Smoky dark blue, seriously masculine, pressed vase - French or Czech or ???????  (Read 7507 times)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
Hi Sue.  I tried to find a September 7 episode on Iplayer but only found September 6.  Gritted my teeth and watched until the 'experts' had made all their purchases.  No vase I'm afraid.  But I may have watched entirely the wrong episode.  I need a cup of tea now, maybe with a splash of something strong in it.  Good luck!
Nancy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 :kissy:

Thank-you Nancy!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 ;D and well done for sitting through an entire program when I would have wanted to fast forward lol.
 It was definitely aired on September 7 Wednesday and the vase was pressed, not the same decor as yours but struck me as possibly very similar and was the same colour I thought.
mmm, we'll have to wait and see if it comes up on Iplayer.
I'll try and keep a look outl.
Sue, this week is a week of birthdays and parties and house full of distracting children...my excuse  :)
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
well it's quite possibly something French but I've not managed to quite work out what yet.
Here on the link is a vase in clear frosted with the same design, looks to match Sue's pattern from what I can see, but....it has a cut and polished very thick rim, and what appears to be a foot on it.
Is it an adaptation of a mould, or a variation or a remake of an old mould?  no idea.

It's acid etched mark says CRISTALLERIE ROYALE DE CHAMPAGNE in I think a small mark on the base.
From what I can find out it appears that other companies may have made glass for them which was then etched with their mark.  But in this case I have not managed to find out who actually made the one listed - the one I linked to names Daum in the listing (no definite id I don't think) as well as saying it is acid etched with the Cristallerie Royale de Champagne mark, but on a post on here on paperweights, Baccarat and Art Vannes have also been mentioned with others in connection with this company.  Bayel is mentioned on the Cristallerie Royale de Champagne site - I don't know what the link is though.  But thought this might help.

Nevertheless, perhaps we are getting closer and perhaps it was made be a French company  :) just need to find who now.
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/MANIFIQUE-VASE-EN-PATE-DE-VERRE-DECOR-FLORAL-EN-RELIEF-DAUM-ROYALE-CHAMPAGNE-/150996838403?pt=FR_JG_C%C3%A9ramiques_Verre&hash=item23281ce803#ht_500wt_1288
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I'm a bit speechless! Certainly the same pattern - but massively thicker with a differently finished rim and a foot...

It works really, really well in clear satinated glass, doesn't it?
Now I'm musing about it in this style, but in oplaescent glass and if one turns up, it's MINE, I'm bagging first dibs!  ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I thought the width of the rim reminded me  a bit of some Hoffman piece, that kind of thickness.
It's an amazing design, I just love it.
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 ;) Me too.
I keep it where I can see and use it all the time - on a work surface, where I use it as a minor paper bin.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
If this is still open ...Photo's upside down...

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/254218902598

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
What a great spot Anne.  Now all we have to do is figure out what a "FIVO wheel" is, so Sue can look to see if there's any signature on it!

Sue, I'd be astonished if you had parted with yours.....they're both nice, but I do prefer your colourway.
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Are you referring with 'Fivo Wheel' to the 'signature à la molette?' I think that the seller means pressed mark with that. If needed I can ask if he/she can add an image of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand