No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: National Glass Fair  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
National Glass Fair
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
Dear friends,
I visited English National Glass Fair last Sunday. It was fantastic event, I met few GMB members personaly and I have promissed that I will will write something nice about this faur to GMB as well.
Well, I wrote a report to my web site www.cs-sklo.cz and Robert (bOBA) has translated it to Ennglish, big thanks Rob.

My pictures from fair are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/NationalGlassFairSolihull1552011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPWRkP2bw6bsrQE#

It was really great experience and I am looking forward to next fair in Cambridge.

Jindrich
www.ces-sklo.cz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: National Glass Fair
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
I wish I had known Jindrich I would have said hello. Did you spot any Czech or Bohemian glass then? ;)

You managed to get me on camera, I am not saying which photo but JP is in the foreground and I am in the background....
Also a nice photo of Mark Hill holding my Mdina Zig Zag vase, he quite liked it. Luckily you have cropped me out as I usually scowl at any cameras. :-[

John

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
I think Jindrich has spotted loads of Czech glass :)
Thanks for the pics!

My favourite (Harrachov?):  https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/NationalGlassFairSolihull1552011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPWRkP2bw6bsrQE#5608081375890602898

Michael

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Suzy and I sneaked in too  ;) Several times. You must have been following us around Jindrich.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »
Jindrich:

Thanks for both the pictures and the story, which gave me a sense of what it's like to be at the fair, and at no risk to my bank account.  I presume the Veliskova you bought is the one in a few of the pictures. Some amazing glass and pictures.  I liked your description of of going through customs. I'm in the USA for a week, and you captured what it's like going through  borders, although you don't joke with US Border officials.

Thanks again.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
Jindrich  casually refers to the Veliskova vase with the "pouch," as a "kangaroo" vase, for obvious reasons! I know you are a fan of this vase yourself David! Jindrich seemed to really enjoy his visit and was a polite and helpful visitor to England as always! I am glad the photographs came out well. I am in one of them somewhere.. probably talking to a stallholder, in hope of a bargain..... We missed some of Czech glass items that were swooped on in the first hour, due to getting a bit lost...  but managed to find some very nice pieces and to meet some interesting people like Nigel (Benson) and Mark (Hill). As a memento of the day I did find a very nice Emanuel Beranek vase in great condition. The sellers all had great displays going and there was plenty to see for one day, something for everyone. (I attach pictures of my own M. Veliskova "kangaroo" vase anyway, partly for clarification, also to celebrate a lovely design!)

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Put-Lug

• Members
    • England - South Coast - By the Sea!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »
Hi Jindrich.... :rah:

Thanks for the pictures of the fair... loved looking through them...

Jen
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
Hi Jindrich, excellent pictures of the fair, a couple of my stand (88) with a few bit of Czech on it!!
It was a pleasure to meet you and Robert and I hope to see again at Cambridge, regards Wolfie

here is a pic of me at the fair  ;D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_J2PKfZzXYQY/TdVYHLkC4MI/AAAAAAAABgU/IVa2Llg9gSQ/s640/Richard%20Wolfie%20Masks.jpg
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Brilliant tour Jindrich, it['s so kind of you to bother to do this for those of us who didn't make it.  I'm definitely going to be at Cambridge in Sept.....cheers steph.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand